From a stunning villa or apartment, one of our generous serviced apartments or one of our new state of the art memory care apartments at Summerset on Cavendish – there is a fantastic new home waiting for you.
This offer is available for homes* in these stunning villages:
- Summerset Falls, Warkworth
- Summerset at Monterey Park, Hobsonville
- Summerset at Heritage Park, Ellerslie
- Summerset at Karaka
- Summerset by the Park, Manukau
- Summerset at Avonhead
- Summerset on Cavendish, Casebrook
- Summerset Rototuna
- Summerset Down the Lane, Hamilton
- Summerset at Aotea
- Summerset Richmond Ranges, Richmond
We have the ability to show you your stunning new home in a safe and secure manner with strict protocols in place to make viewing, settling and moving into your home easy.
Contact the village sales manager today to find out more.
*Terms and conditions apply
Giving you peace of mind
Answers to questions you may have
Q. Are there any restrictions on visiting the village?
We are open for sales appointment and small village tours where we will follow strict hygiene protocols and practices and you will be asked to sign a health declaration. Please contact the sales manager to make an appointment . We ask that you do not visit the village if
- You have been unwell
- You have cold or flu like symptoms
- You have been overseas in the last 14 days
- You have been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19
Q. How can I move into Summerset before I have sold my home?
You can move into Summerset under our move in now and pay later scheme, also known as move-in early (MIE). A MIE arrangement allows you to take possession of your chosen Summerset property, without having settled the cost of the Licence to Occupy (the Licence) in full. It is a ‘move in now, pay later’ option designed to make moving as stress free as possible. Note that you will still need to sign an occupational right agreement with your solicitor, prior to moving into Summerset. Please see the terms and conditions below
Q. Do I need a deposit to move in?
Under this current offer, we have waived any additional deposit over and above the standard $3,000 deposit. However, it is still important that you see a solicitor to sign your ORA. Your solicitor will also receive details of the MIE terms and conditions which will be included as ORA appendices.
Q. What if I change my mind once I move in?
We have a peace of mind Summerset Sure guarantee which states “love it or your money back”. We ask that you take up to 90 days to settle into your new home. If you are not happy within the first three months then you can invoke Summerset Sure, where there will be no DMF charged. However, if you decide to terminate the licence and move out after three months, then we will invoice you for the DMF accrued and weekly fees.
Q. How are my moving costs covered?
For residents moving into our Auckland, Christchurch or Hamilton approved villages, Summerset will provide a moving package up to the value of $5,000 with moving experts, Senior Move Managers. This is a full moving package including the following services - advice on downsizing, decluttering, preparing house for sale, packing house and relocation to your new Summerset home.
For residents moving into Summerset Richmond Ranges (Nelson) and Summerset Aotea (Wellington), we will reimburse your moving costs up to the value of $2,000. You just need to provide us with a copy of the GST receipt from your moving company.
Q. What costs will I need to take care of once I move into Summerset?
If you require any extra services like meals, house cleaning or require a services package then these will be invoiced in line with our published pricing. You will also need to pay for your contents insurance, power, internet and phone. The weekly fee will only become payable three months after the date you move in (Commencement Date).
Q. What if my home sells for a lower value than I expect?
If there is a shortfall from the sale of your home, then talk with our sales manager or your solicitor about our ‘tiered DMF’ or discount arrangement. Summerset has a means of allowing customers to pay less in cash than the licence price for their Summerset dwelling. In exchange for the reduction in cash paid up front, a higher than standard rate of deferred management fee (DMF) is charged for the period of occupancy and deducted on termination of the ORA. Summerset will pre-approve a discount arrangement up to 10% of the value of the licence price.
Q. What if I cannot sell my home in 9 months of moving into Summerset?
Summerset reserves the right to charge interest at 8% per annum on the outstanding balance of your licence price from the day following the due date (nine months from your Commencement Date).
Q. When does the offer end?
This offer is valid for sales applications signed from 28 April 2020 to 31 July 2020
Term and conditions
- This offer is only available for the selected property types listed below at the eligible Summerset villages set out below (Eligible Properties).
- To be eligible for this offer you must:
- sign and return a sales application for an Eligible Property, and pay a $3,000 deposit, between 28 April 2020 and 31 July 2020 and move into your Summerset home on or within in three months of signing a sales application
- satisfy the customer eligibility criteria set out below.
- You must put your property on the market within 6 months of moving into your Summerset home and provide evidence of this to Summerset.
- You must settle the full licence price on the sale of your property and in any event within 9 months of moving into your Summerset home. Failure to settle may incur interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 8% per annum.
- The deferred management fee will accrue from the date you move into your Summerset home.
- You will receive the moving package offered for your Summerset village, as set out below.
- You must provide evidence acceptable to Summerset of your financial position and ability to settle within 9 months of moving into your Summerset home. For example, this might include evidence that the balance you will receive on the sale of your property will be sufficient to pay the licence price for your chosen Summerset home.
Eligible Properties and corresponding moving packages
For Summerset Falls, Warkworth, Summerset at Monterey Park, Hobsonville, Summerset at Heritage Park, Ellerslie and Summerset at Karaka. Eligible properties - all units sold under an occupation right agreement. Moving package - a relocation package with Senior Move Managers up to the value of $5,000.
For Summerset at Avonhead and Summerset on Cavendish, Casebrook. Eligible properties - all units sold under an occupation right agreement. Moving package - a relocation package with Senior Move Managers up to the value of $5,000.
For Summerset Rototuna and Summerset Down the Lane, Hamilton. Eligible properties - all units sold under an occupation right agreement. Moving package - a relocation package with Senior Move Managers up to the value of $5,000.
Summerset at Aotea. Eligible properties - all units sold under an occupation right agreement. Moving package - we will reimburse up to $2,000 of your moving costs on provision of a GST receipt from your moving company.
Summerset Richmond Ranges, Richmond. Eligible properties - all units sold under an occupation right agreement. Moving package - we will reimburse up to $2,000 of your moving costs on provision of a GST receipt from your moving company.