At Summerset there's never a dull moment with a wide range of facilities in the village as well as a varied programme of activities and events.
Summerset villages are designed for their environment and the prevailing climate so facilities can vary between villages. But with great indoor and outdoor faciliities, there's always something to do, no matter what the weather. Villages include most, if not all, the facilities below.
- all-weather bowling green
- swimming pool and spa
- barbeque facilities
- communal vegetable garden
- Divine café serving delicious meals and coffee to residents and their guests and families
- exercise room with a range of fitness machines and other equipment
- residents' bar which hosts the ever-popular weekly happy hour
- spacious lounge with pool table, piano and large screen tv
- residents' workshop (often known as the man shed)
- library with computer and internet access
- hair and beauty salon
Activities & events
Every Summerset village has an on-site Activities Co-ordinator to organise activities and events that cater to a wide range of interests and abilities.
There are also regular opportunites to head out to the shops and local amenities in the village's courtesy van.
- local clubs and interest groups
- games and puzzles
- social events within the village
- organised exercise programmes
- weekly happy hour in the residents' bar courtesy of Summerset
- regular visits to the local shops and amenities
- organised trips to interesting places and events around the region
Diversional Therapists in each of our care centres make sure residents are active and entertained. Diversional therapy takes place either individually or in small groups, depending on each resident's needs.
- exercise programmes
- outings to local sights and amenities
- crafts and hobbies
- visits from local groups