In late 2016 Summerset in the Ranges opened our first purpose-built Memory Care Centre offering innovative apartment-style living for residents with dementia.
This unique approach will be included in all future village developments.
The Memory Care Centre was developed to enable people living with dementia to continue to lead active, productive lives in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Living in a modern, comfortable apartment with double bedroom, ensuite and separate living area maintains independence.
- Our dedicated, professionally-trained staff provide tailored dementia care for residents.
- Staff work closely with residents and their families to understand and support them through the changes they will be experiencing.
- The circular design of the Memory Care Centre ensures residents can always find their way back to the main lounge area.
- The Centre offers a secure garden area and warm and inviting communal facilities.
- Monitoring technology helps balance residents' independence with ensuring care and support are close at hand.
This unique approach to Memory Care saw Summerset in the Ranges awarded the 2017 Aged Care Associations' Built and Grown Environment Award for exceptional design in the aged care sector.
Find out more about our Memory Care Centre