Summerset endeavours to ensure all information contained on this website is correct at the time of inclusion, however the accuracy of the material cannot be guaranteed and any use of this information is at the user’s risk.
We are not liable for any loss incurred from relying on this website, including from data corruption on download.
Nothing in this website constitutes an offer of securities, an invitation to subscribe for securities or an advertisement of securities. Nor is any document accessible from this website an invitation to enter into any legal agreement, nor does it amount to a solicitation for any business.
Information on this website is not legal or financial advice – you should obtain advice before making any decision based on information available on this website.
By accessing this website you agree to accept these terms and acknowledge reading them.
'Personal information' is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person) which is in a form which enables that person to be identified.
1. What personal information does Summerset collect, and when?
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us (for example, on an application form) or that we may have obtained from another source with your consent (such as a credit agency where you have authorised us to conduct a credit check).
This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use (or why you may be interested in) our products and services, and any other information collected in relation to your use of our products and services.
We collect personal information about you when:
- it is necessary to provide goods or services you have requested
- you have expressly consented to us collecting that information, for example when you request Summerset information to be sent to you, or apply to become a resident at one of our villages, or enter a competition or promotion run by us
- it is necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests, or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you), or
- it is required by law.
We will collect your personal information directly from you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
We also use CCTV cameras to record footage at our village sites. This footage may constitute ‘personal information’ as defined in the Privacy Act.
2. How does Summerset use your information?
Summerset collects and uses your personal information to operate this website and deliver the services you have requested. Summerset also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Summerset. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The information we collect from you may also be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business such as:
- processing your application
- providing you with the information, products and/or services that you have requested
- administering your account and bill you
- dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints
- general administrative and business purposes.
CCTV footage specifically may be used for the following purposes:
- detecting and deterring criminal behaviour at our villages; and
- monitoring the safety and security of our residents, staff and property.
3. Sharing your information
We respect the privacy of your personal information and we will take all reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential. However, there may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- other members of the Summerset group of companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us
- those who provide to us or our group of companies products or services
- that support the services that we provide
- anyone who assists us in monitoring the safety and security of our residents, staff and our sites
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services
- any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal information without your consent if doing so is:
- necessary to protect or enforce our legal rights or interests, or to defend any claims made against us by any person (including you)
- necessary to lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety, or
- required by law.
Under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
4. Storage and protection of your personal information
We may record and store personal information which we collect from you and where we do so we will take all reasonable steps:
- to keep your personal information secure and prevent unauthorised disclosure, and
- to keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
However, we do not promise that your personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorised person (for example, a hacker) or that unauthorised disclosures will not occur. We may store and process your personal information using services provided by a third party provider (including providers outside New Zealand) and so your personal information may be held outside New Zealand.
5. Accessing and correcting your personal information
At any time you may request us to provide you with a copy of any of your personal information we have stored. We will provide you with the information as soon as possible unless:
- your request is frivolous or vexatious
- release of the personal information would prejudice our legal rights, or
- we have legal grounds to deny your request.
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you. If so, we will advise you of this prior to sending your information to you.
If you are able to establish that any of your personal information which has been stored and recorded by us is not accurate, complete or up to date, then you should notify us and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
6. Internet use and cookies
This website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with Summerset, a cookie helps Summerset to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information. When you return to the same Summerset website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Summerset features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of web sites you visit.
Tracking and Advertising
- the server your computer is logged onto
- your browser type
- the date and time of your visit, and
- the performance of our marketing efforts.
When you access any Summerset websites after viewing one of these advertisements, we or one of our partners will collect information on how you utilise Summerset websites, such as which webpages you view. In addition, we may also use Google Analytics to collect information on how you utilise any Summerset websites, by using cookies to collect information similar to that listed above.
Google Analytics uses this information to perform statistical analysis of aggregate user behaviour, but this analysis is not based on personal information. We use this analysis to measure advertising effectiveness and relative consumer interest in the various areas of the www.summerset.co.nz website and to present relevant advertising on other Summerset or third party websites where we advertise. Summerset may disclose the information collected by Google Analytics, in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.