$20,000 Raised for Australian Bushfire Victims
2 March 2020
Villages across the country banded together recently to raise funds for the victims of the devastating Australian bushfires. Residents took part in coin trails, raffles and sausage sizzles, and some keen knitters even crafted cosy pouches for injured animals.
Thanks to everyone’s generosity, the money was soon flowing in. Together, we raised an impressive $14,600, and Summerset topped up the rest to take our total to $20,000!
A big thank you to everyone who donated, and special mentions to Manukau, Karaka and Wigram villages, which were our top fundraisers.
We will send $10,000 each to the Australian Red Cross and the animal rescue organisation WIRES.
1. Movie night and raffle fundraiser at Summerset in the Bay, Napier.
2. Fundraising and fun at Summerset by the Park, Manukau.
3. Les and Pat taking collections at Summerset by the Park, Manukau.
4. The wallaby-themed ‘lolly trolley’ was popular at head office in Wellington.
5. Village coin trail at Summerset on Summerhill, Palmerston North.
Read more about life at Summerset in our quarterly magazine Summerset Scene